President Elect Inaugural Speech


PRESIDENT’S INAUGURATION ADDRESS

I am privilege to stand here today 11th of September 2017 with a big heart of Appreciation to Almighty God, the author and finisher of our faith. I am humbled by the task before us, grateful for the trust you have bestowed, mindful of the sacrifices borne by our ancestors."

I am particularly thankful to the Vice Chancellor Prof Adeniyi Sulaiman Gbadegesin, The Dean Faculty of Engineering, Prof A.A Adebiyi, Indefatigable Head of Department, Dr Mrs A.B Adetunji, Prof Olabiyisi, Dr Mrs Adigun and other staffs which at the time the institution is having trying time, gave me an audience, advocate my aspiration and also deem it fit to grace this event.

I would like appreciate my Mother, whom right from sui generis prays, gave me a moral support to achieve this great feat. Thank you for bringing me to this world. I will be an ungrateful being if I fail to thank NACOSS Lautech Executives, you are wonderful. To my Church Pastor, Rev’d Laide Sanusi, more Anointing sir. To the man who taught me how to code, Mr Adeyemi C. Aderinto.

I would also like to welcome and thank my friends and family members who have made it to be here on this special occasion.
One of the benefits of having been at the University for 4 years is that I am able to look out into the audience and see so many familiar faces. I am privileged to work with a talented and dedicated group of individuals and within a community rich in vitality and promise. It is my great honor to serve NACOSS National as its eighth President. I thank you all for the opportunity and for the trust you have placed in me to lead this Association.
NACOSS as a student arm of the Nigeria Computer Society with the vision “To re-invest

NACOSS into the new Nigerian project as a strong students’ professional body, driven by the knowledge and skills of its members to lay the IT capacity foundation, towards stimulating the ‘can-do’ spirit that will empower and promote entrepreneurial spirit, which will drive the Nigerian economy, among Nigerian Youths”.

However, we are not content to rest on our laurels. With any commemoration comes the chance to look forward to what lies ahead. In that sense, this year can be seen not simply as a ceremony, but as the RESUSCITATION era.  A time the association will experience upheaval, amelioration, a time to take a byte and take hold of the future. We will make sure our members well accustomed, endowed with values which will earn them self-esteem.


This Administration will be operate on open door policy and will be saddled with responsibility of creating more digital armies who will liberate the world from apparent skill deficiencies. This will be actualized through these models.
MEMBERSHIP: Expansion of NACOSS presence in all Tertiary Institution.
NACOSS MOBILE & WEB APPS: This will help to unite all NACOSSities across the board.
ALLIED & ADVOCACY: NACOSS will continue to strengthen its relationship the industry and with similar organization
GENDER EQUALITY PARTICIPATION IN ICT (GEPICT): The Conference was targeted towards encouraging the female ICT lovers in participation
ICT INTERNATIONAL CHALLENGE TRIP
NIGERIAN IT TALENT EXHIBITION (NITTEX 2018): It creates a platform for Nigerian Youth from six geopolitical zones of Nigeria who are IT neophytes and geeks associated with intriguing world of Information Communication Technology

Thank you all for your support and for all you will do.

COMR. AMB. ABOLADE, Akintomiwa Mayowa.
NACOSS National President.







Related Posts
Previous
« Prev Post